Well this isn’t going to be a long post (good news for you, huh?). But I just wanted to show you my finished black jeans. As you probably know, I have been watching Angela Wolf’s Craftsy course, Sewing Designer Jeans, and Sandra Betzina’s Craftsy course, Pant Fitting Techniques. I used Sandra Betzina’s Vogue pattern V2948 with some modifications posted about here, here, and here.
I have finished attaching the curved waistband, attaching the belt carriers (loops) at the same time, and have done more topstitching.
As usual, my spool of topstitching thread ran out before the garment was finished! Luckily, this time, I did have white topstitching thread at home!
I decided to understitch my waistband and hand sew my pocket linings to the centre front seams of my pants to make sure they always stay in place when I put my hand in and pull it out.
One thing I did not like was the quality of the Jeans Buttons I purchased. At first I couldn’t push the posts on hard enough to break through the fabric, then when I did manage to hammer it through, it bent the bottom fastener and now I am not sure my button will stay attached. Maybe it will last? I am going to practice attaching Jeans Buttons some more with my scrap fabric, just in case it was me, but in the meantime I won’t be putting on any more Jeans Buttons, or Rivets, on what I sew until I get this straightened out.
Another thing, with this black pair of jeans, I found the black denim to be too light weight to be a proper pair of jeans, so I cut 8 inches off the legs and turned them into Capris for the summer! A happy solution!
Me in my new black denim Capris!
This is me getting ready to step out into the sunshine for a lovely walk on the beach. Not happening! I might be dressed for a sunny walk, but its RAINING out there!
Back to my sewing, I am almost finished my blue pair. I’ll post about them when I am finished. I am still determined to make a black pair of jeans too, so I am on the look out for proper cotton lycra fabric!