Perhaps you remember? I wanted to make a shrug to match this dress…
Then my eyes fell on this cardigan. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I opened the pattern envelope and found out it was a circle with sleeves. I have seen these patterns on Pinterest (for free). This is going to be easy!
I cut out my two pattern pieces from some black ponte knit in my fabric stash.
I had to chase Sophie away the whole time!
This is how it looked on me.
So I put it on Dolly and chalked where I wanted the collar and the hem to end. Comparing it to my favourite sweater.
Ok, so it’s not a shrug … but at least it’s not a vampire cape anymore!
But here’s where it got weird. I wanted to finish the edge with piping, but I did not want the wrong side of the piping to show at all, and it would since the front drapes and ruffles so much and shows the wrong side of the fabric. A solution…
When the piping was finally sewn on it looked like this… I love it! It is more than just piping.
Now for the bad news. I seem to have a shortage of piping. As a matter of fact, I needed twice as much as I had. There was NO WAY I was going to the fabric shop today to buy more. They are having a “Valentine’s Day SALE!”.
So this is why you won’t see any photos of me wearing my unfinished cardigan-that-should-have-been-a-shrug-because-then-I-would-have-had-enough-piping! 🙂 First chance I get I’m stopping by the fabric shop and buying more piping. Perhaps I will even go in the fabric shop with only $5.00 so I don’t come home with MORE fabric!
I promise, as soon as I finish, I will post photos of my
I hope you had a lovely day, whether Valentines are important to you or not, and Happy Sewing!