Have you already completed your COPY of your Designer Original? Or perhaps, like me, you are just in the planning stages – whatever… there are still a few months left before DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER 2016!
Pull those ideas out of your head! Ever since DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER last year I’ve seen many dream garments in the stores, magazines, on social media … the Fashion Runway… so many beautiful garments! And still I say, “Why buy when you can make it yourself – better and for less money?”
I think I finally have my DESIGNER ORIGINAL picked out…
I have recently seen a lovely “bell” sleeved dress on Barbara Jane Made. I don’t have anything with bell sleeves – I want something with bell sleeves. Along comes this Ellery Neu.
Now I don’t have a pattern for this top. This pattern is a possibility though, View D of McCall’s M7193, a bit shorter and with bell sleeves – which I will have to draft.
This is another possibility, View C of McCall’s M7093, again I’d have to shorten the length and draft the sleeves.
I have been thinking about making this skirt, a Chloe, for a long time now.
I have a simple pattern in mind, View B of McMall’s M6654. I just have to add a godet and a zipper.
Looks like I’m ready to go! I have the all the fabric I need in my stash and today I bought my zippers.
I’ve shown you my plans for my COPY of my Designer Original. Leave a comment that you want to join in, and I’ll share your post in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER too!
There are many inspirations out there. I have collected a few here and on my Pinterest board, DESIGNER FASHION! How about a bit of lace?
Or something wild!
This is such a classic pant…
I want all of these skirts!
I still love Allison Wonderland’s designs. My sister and I went to a fashion show in Vancouver last year and we were overwhelmed by all the designers’ creativity – including Allison Wonderland.
This year, I have found another favourite designer – Paule Ka.
Another beautiful designer, Carolina Herrera.
Not that I would have anywhere to wear these dresses, but I do love how beautiful these are…
“Why buy when you can make it yourself – better and for less money?” If you want a designer garment too, join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Challenge!
In DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER:
- On your blog post a photo of your Designer Original and YOUR COPY of your Designer Original, mentioning DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER in your post with a link back to here so other’s can join in.
- Grab a DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER button. The code on my side bar can be copied and pasted into a Text Widget on WordPress, or download the image and then upload it onto your blog.
- Leave a comment here on my blog and I’ll post your Designer Original and YOUR COPY for you on my blog in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, with a link back to you – whether you have made it already, are in the process of making it, or plan on making it… let me know!
- Don’t forget to share a comment or few with your other DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER cohorts. Everyone loves comments!
Other ways to participate:
- Send your email address to me at imadeit362436 (at) gmail (dot) com and I’ll send you an invite to join the “DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER” Pinterest board so you can add your Designer Original and YOUR COPY to the board.
- Post your Designer Original and YOUR COPY on Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #DESIGNINDECEMBER.
Don’t forget to “grab” a DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER button on your way out!