A PDF SEWING PATTERN for the Espresso© Wallet. Your Espresso will have a finished size of approximately 10 1/2” long x 5 1/2” tall (27 cm x 14 cm) when open and 5 1/2” x 5 1/2” (14 cm x 14 cm) when closed. The Espresso is a raw edge, fully lined Wallet with ONE zipper pocket, TWELVE card slot holders and ONE large slip pocket for cash and receipts.
You can choose which parts of your Espresso will be made with your Accent materials. You can even to make it a Patchwork Espresso and use up all your SCRAPS!
I sewed my Espresso Wallet on my Janome HD3000 and my Janome MC8200QCP, both domestic machines, not industrials. I try to make products that don’t need an industrial machine. The thickest layers sewn for the Espresso Wallet are 4 layers of Cork or Vinyl, etc. Test your machine with scraps to see if it can sew that thick of a layer.
This is an Adventurous Beginner pattern. Pattern Instructions include both metric and imperial units. There are 26 pages of detailed instructions with 70 large colour photos to help you construct your Espresso. All pattern pieces are included too!
Included in the pattern:
– all Pattern Pieces, including all the rectangle and strap pieces, all formatted for printing on either US Letter or A4 paper, with A0 copy shop and Projector files.
– Fabric Cutting Table
– Pattern Piece Labels
– Gallery Photos with each pattern piece marked
– THREE Full YouTube tutorials: one by mgrahamsews HERE, one by That’s Sew Nova HERE and one by Lányos Handmade HERE.
– SVG & PNG cutting machine files. Please note that I am not an IT person and have consulted with an IT person on how to prepare & upload, download, unzip and open SVG/PNG files in a cutting machine program. If you are having difficulty with your system, please contact a professional.
Material and Hardware Requirements:
- Outer fabric (Cork, Leather, Kraftex or Vinyl): 1/4 yard (0.25 metre) or enough scraps to cut all pieces out. Recommended: Non-fraying and non-directional material
- Lining fabric for Zipper Pocket (cotton, Kraftex or 300 denier Water Proof fabric): a piece approximately 10” long x 9” tall (26 cm x 23 cm)
- Optional: if using cotton fabric for lining of Zipper Pocket, light weight fusible woven interfacing (such as Pellon SF101 Shapeflex): a piece approximately 10” long x 9” tall (26 cm x 23 cm)
- Optional: if using Kraftex instead of Cork, etc., for large slip pocket lining, a piece approximately 21” long x 11” tall (53 cm x 28 cm). Recommended: Material in a similar or complementary colours
- Zipper: ONE 7” (18 cm) closed end zipper. If using zipper tape, you will need ONE length with ONE zipper pull, the length of zipper teeth needed will be 7” (18 cm). I used #5 zipper tape due to its wide tape being easier to sew.
- One 1/2” (1 cm) magnetic snap, if you have one. If not, one 3/4” (2 cm) magnetic snap
- One 1/2” (1 cm) D-ring and One 1/2” (1 cm) Swivel Hook for the Wrist Strap, if you have them. If not, One 1” (2.5 cm) D-ring and One 1” (2.5 cm) Swivel Hook could be substituted
- Matching strong thread, like Gutermann Mara 70 or Topstitching thread or Gutermann Sew All 100% Polyester thread
- One Chicago screw or rivet
- Optional: Edge Paint or Beacon 3in1 Glue can be used to finish off the raw edges of your Espresso Wallet
The Pattern is in English, and the price is in Canadian funds
Pattern Testers’ photos are shown with permission on Facebook at Lányos Handmade, along with others made. We would love to see your Espresso! Share your Espresso on Facebook in the Lányos Handmade Pattern Party Group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/699382223813476/
#communityovercompetition Some of my Pattern Testers have business sites of their own, which I would like to share here. If I missed any businesses, please let me know! 🙂
THIS IS NOT A PHYSICAL PRODUCT. THIS IS A PDF SEWING PATTERN, one of my Sew-It-Yourself products. If you would prefer to buy a 100% Handmade Espresso Wallet custom made for you, please contact me!
All Lányos Handmade Patterns are digital downloads. Always use an up-to-date browser, like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari, with a good, stable internet connection. Always download and print your patterns from an up-to-date Adobe Reader, a free downloadable program. After purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the Pattern Instructions and Pieces, etc. on to your computer. Please save your downloads in a file folder on your computer where you will always find them, perhaps one called “Lányos Handmade Patterns”! You can also create an Account and access all your purchased downloads from there! Sometimes downloads don’t always arrive complete from the email link; if so, try downloading from your Account instead. Some file formats are large so only download what you require!
If you require further assistance with any of the file formats provided by Lányos Handmade, please read this information, “Working with PDF and SVG files“. Due to the nature of all digital downloads, returns and refunds are not available.
Copyright © 2023 Lányos Handmade by Linda Maki. All Rights Reserved. Thank you for honouring the copyright. Feel free to sell any products you make from Lányos Handmade patterns, as long as you are a home sewist, in your Shop or Market Stall. It would be kind to give credit to LanyosHandmade.com on all your online listings, so others can find the pattern too. The scanning, uploading, duplicating, amending, or distribution of Lányos Handmade photographs, content, creations or files without permission is a theft of intellectual property. If you would like permission to use Lányos Handmade photographs, content, creations or files in any way, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.