A PDF SEWING PATTERN for the Látte © Wallet. The Látte Wallet has 2 divided sections, a centre zipper pouch, 2 bill fold and 12 card slot pockets and a zipper closure all around to keep your belongings safe inside. As an added bonus, the outer slip pocket can be sewn, or omitted, with over 30 options: a small decorative pocket with contrasting fabric or a raw edge material, a large cell phone sized pocket with contrasting fabric or a raw edge material, four reverse Appliqués or Appliqués with raw edge materials, all provided with this pattern! Big enough for cash, coins and cards but small enough to carry in a jacket pocket or your favourite bag!
I sew my Látte Wallets on my Janome HD3000 and my Janome MC8200QCP; both heavy duty domestic sewing machines, not industrials. I try to make things that don’t need an industrial machine. While sewing your Látte Wallet, your machine will have to sew through about 9 layers of lightweight material for the bill fold/card slot pockets, plus the zipper and outer layer; so choose materials and interfacings your machine can handle and test them out.
This is an Intermediate pattern. Pattern Instructions include both metric and imperial units. There are 47 pages of detailed instructions with over 100 large colour photos to help you construct your Látte. All pattern pieces are included too!
Included in the pattern:
– all Pattern Pieces, including all the rectangle pieces and four appliqués/reverse appliqués, all formatted for printing on either Letter or A4 paper, with A0 copy shop and Projector files.
– Material Cutting Table
– Pattern Piece Labels
– Gallery Photos with each pattern piece marked
– View Options Chart
– A Full YouTube tutorial by Lányos Handmade here
– SVG and PNG files for cutting machines included. PNG files were added on October 23, 2023, so if you purchased your copy of this pattern prior to that, the PNG files might not be in your pattern package. If so, please email me your Order # and I will manually add them to your Shop Account.
Please note that I am not an IT person and have consulted with an IT person on how to prepare & upload, download, unzip and open SVG/PNG files in a cutting machine program. If you are having difficulty with your system, please contact a professional.
Material and Hardware Requirements:
* OUTER LAYER MATERIALS – like interfaced Quilting Cotton, Upholstery Fabric, Cork/Vinyl, WP/WR Canvas – 1/3” yard or 0.3 metre. Directional Print or Fraying Materials are not recommended.
* CONTRASTING MATERIALS – like Quilting Cotton, other lightweight materials like WP/WR cottons – 1/4 yard or 0.25 metre. Directional Print or Fraying Materials are not recommended.
* LINING MATERIALS – like Quilting Cotton, other lightweight materials like WP/WR cottons – 1/2 yard or 0.5 metre. Directional Print or Fraying Materials are not recommended.
OPTIONAL LIGHTWEIGHT INTERFACING (can be omitted entirely to reduce bulk) – like Pellon SF101 Shapeflex or Atelier White STIFI (120gsm) – 3/4 yard or 0.75 metres.
* HEAVYWEIGHT STABILIZER – like Pellon Peltex, Atelier Xtra-Stifi or Pellon Decovil Heavy; or a layer of Craft Plastic 0.020” (500 microns) thick or Heavy Duty Template Plastic – 8 1/2” x 8 1/2” (21.5 cm x 21.5 cm).
* One length of #5 Zipper tape at least 22” (56 cm) of teeth, with Zipper pull.
* One length of #5 Zipper tape at least 7” (18 cm) of teeth, with Zipper pull.
* Matching strong thread, like Gutermann Mara 70 or topstitching thread.
There is now an add-on pack of five additional appliqués/reverse appliqués for the Látte Wallet, or they could be used with any other Lányos Handmade pattern! Check out this link for the five additional designs: Lányos Appliqué/Reverse Appliqué Sewing Pattern Bundle #1
The Pattern is in English, and the price is in Canadian funds.
Pattern Testers’ photos are shown with permission here and on Facebook at Lányos Handmade, along with others made. We would love to see your Látte! Share your Látte on Facebook in the Lányos Handmade Pattern Party Group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/699382223813476/
#communityovercompetition Some of my Pattern Testers have business sites of their own, which I would like to share here. If I missed any businesses, please let me know! 🙂
THIS IS NOT A PHYSICAL PRODUCT. THIS IS A PDF SEWING PATTERN, one of my Sew-It-Yourself products. If you would prefer to buy a 100% Handmade Látte Wallet custom made for you, please contact me!
All Lányos Handmade Patterns are digital downloads. Always use an up-to-date browser, like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari, with a good, stable internet connection. Always download and print your patterns from an up-to-date Adobe Reader, a free downloadable program. After purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the Pattern Instructions and Pieces, etc. on to your computer. Please save your downloads in a file folder on your computer where you will always find them, perhaps one called “Lányos Handmade Patterns”! You can also create an Account and access all your purchased downloads from there! Sometimes downloads don’t always arrive complete from the email link; if so, try downloading from your Account instead. Some file formats are large so only download what you require!
If you require further assistance with any of the file formats provided by Lányos Handmade, please read this information, “Working with PDF and SVG files“. Due to the nature of all digital downloads, returns and refunds are not available.
Copyright © 2023 Lányos Handmade by Linda Maki. All Rights Reserved. Thank you for honouring the copyright. Feel free to sell any products you make from Lányos Handmade patterns, as long as you are a home sewist, in your Shop or Market Stall. It would be kind to give credit to LanyosHandmade.com on all your online listings, so others can find the pattern too. The scanning, uploading, duplicating, amending, or distribution of Lányos Handmade photographs, content, creations or files without permission is a theft of intellectual property. If you would like permission to use Lányos Handmade photographs, content, creations or files in any way, please contact me at email@example.com.