A PDF SEWING PATTERN for the Luxe II Laptop Case, a fully lined Case 14 1/2″ wide x 10 1/2″ tall (37 cm wide x 27 cm tall), with instructions on how to make your Case larger or smaller to fit your needs! This beginner pattern also has instructions for adding an optional inner zipper pocket and handles. The accompanying YouTube video has instructions for additional pockets and an adjustable shoulder strap!
Pattern Instructions include both metric and imperial units. There are 20 pages of detailed instructions with over 50 large colour photos to help you construct your Luxe Laptop Case. All pattern pieces are included too!
Included in the pattern:
– three pattern pieces, including all the rectangle pieces, and a detailed Zipper Placement Template, all formatted for printing on either US Letter or A4 paper
– A0 copy shop file
– Projector file
– Fabric Cutting Table
– Pattern Piece Labels
– Gallery Photos with each pattern piece marked
– Also check out the accompanying video tutorial on our YouTube Channel that will walk you through the making of the Luxe II Laptop Case. Link here!
- Zipper for each pocket you wish to sew in: ONE 12” (30 cm) one way closed end zipper. If using zipper tape, you will need ONE length with ONE zipper pull, the length of zipper teeth needed will be at least 11” (28 cm). #3 zipper tape.
- Zipper for Case closure: ONE 22″ (56 cm) one way closed end zipper. If using zipper tape, you will need ONE length with ONE zipper pull, the length of zipper teeth needed will be at least 22″ (56 cm). #5 zipper tape.
- For OPTIONAL Adjustable Shoulder Strap and D-Rings, as demonstrated in the video: TWO 1” (2.5 cm) D-rings, Two 1” (2.5 cm) Swivel Hooks and One 1” (2.5 cm) Slider for an Adjustable Shoulder Strap
- Optional: Twill tape, less than 1” (2.5 cm) width
- Matching thread, Topstitching thread.
- Outer fabric (medium weight upholstery, denim, twill, cotton): 1/2 yard (0.5 metre)
- Lining fabric (quilting cotton): 1/2 yard (0.5 metre)
- Woven Interfacing: 1 yard (1 metre)
- Foam: 1/2 yard (0.5 metre), fusible is not recommended
If you are making a Shoulder Strap and D-Ring Tabs, as demonstrated in the video you will also require:
- D-Ring Tabs: TWO pieces of outer fabric and TWO pieces of woven interfacing 2″ x 3″ (5 cm x 7.5 cm)
- Adjustable Shoulder Strap: ONE piece of outer fabric and ONE piece of woven interfacing 4″ x 60″ (10 cm x 152 cm)
NOTE: Finished measurements that are larger or smaller than 14 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ (37 cm x 27 cm) will need more or less fabric, interfacing, foam and zipper lengths.
Pattern is in English, and the price is in Canadian funds.
Pattern Testers’ photos are shown with permission on Facebook at Lányos Handmade, along with others made. We would love to see your Luxe! Share your Luxe on Facebook in the Lányos Handmade Pattern Party Group!
#communityovercompetition Some of my Pattern Testers have business sites of their own, which I would like to share here. If I missed any businesses, please let me know! 🙂
THIS IS NOT A PHYSICAL PRODUCT. THIS IS A PDF SEWING PATTERN, one of my Sew-It-Yourself products. If you would prefer to buy a 100% Handmade Willow Wallet custom made for you, please contact me!
Always use an up-to-date browser, like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari. All Lányos Handmade Patterns are PDF digital downloads. Always download and print your patterns from an up-to-date Adobe Reader, a free downloadable program. After purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the Pattern Instructions and the Pattern Pieces on to your computer. This link will allow you two tries, so please save your PDF patterns into a file folder on your computer where you will always find them, perhaps one called “Lányos Handmade Patterns”! You can also create an Account and see all your downloads! Due to the nature of all PDF digital downloads, returns and refunds are not available.
Copyright © 2022 Lányos Handmade. All Rights Reserved.
Thank you for honouring the copyright. Feel free to sell the Luxe Laptop Cases you make, as long as you are a home sewist. Please give credit to LanyosHandmade.com on all your online listings so other sewists can find the pattern too! You may not claim this pattern as yours, nor distribute or sell it. Do not use this pattern for large production. It is for personal use or limited production only.