A PDF SEWING PATTERN for the Tessa Bag, a fully lined crossbody bag with a top zipper closure and an adjustable strap with two sizes included in the pattern – one large enough for a tablet 11” x 10” (28 cm x 25 cm) and one the perfect size for a cell phone 8” x 5” (20 cm x 13 cm). You have the option of a zippered pocket inside the tablet sized bag and options for an outer pocket and pocket flap for either sized bag.
Also included with the pattern is the Booklet “Repurposing Jeans!” for sewing your Tessa Bag with repurposed denim and making your bag “unique” with added embellishments. One small pair of adult jeans can easily make a Tessa Bag! “Repurposing Jeans!” is loaded with 52 full colour photos on its 16 pages.
This is a BEGINNER sewing pattern. Pattern Instructions include both metric and imperial units. The pattern tutorial-style instructions are detailed on 26 pages, along with our customary TIPS boxes, and 70 full colour photographs to help you construct your Tessa Bag, including:
- an adjustable strap
- O-Ring tabs
- zipper tabs
- zipper installation
- outer pocket and pocket flap
- inner zipper pocket
- sewing your Tessa Bag in two sizes, 8” x 5” (20 cm x 13 cm) or 11” x 10” (28 cm x 25 cm)
- instructions for sewing with FABRIC or REPURPOSED DENIM!
In addition, there are:
- four pattern pieces on four pages, formatted for printing on either US Letter or A4 paper, with measurements in metric and imperial units
- a detailed inner zipper pocket template in metric and imperial units
- cutting charts for measuring and cutting pattern pieces in metric and imperial units
- Also check out the accompanying video tutorial series that will walk you through the making of the Tessa Bag, find the link here
Materials and supplies for the Tablet Bag:
- Outer fabric: 1 yard (1 metre)
- Lining fabric: 3/4 yard (.75 metre)
- Lightweight fusible woven interfacing (Shapeflex SF101): 2 yards (2 metres)
- OPTIONAL: Fusible Fleece: 1/2 yard (.5 metres)
- One 9” (23 cm) #5 zipper for the bag top closure
- Two 1” (2.5 cm) swivel hooks
- One 1” (2.5 cm) slider
- Two 1” (2.5 cm) O-Rings
- OPTIONAL: One 7” (18 cm) #3 zipper for the inner zipper pocket.
Materials and supplies for the Cell Phone Bag:
- Outer fabric: 3/4 yard (.75 metre)
- Lining fabric: 1/2 yard (.5 metre)
- Lightweight fusible woven interfacing (Shapeflex SF101): 1 1/2 yards (1.5 metres)
- One 7” (18 cm) #5 zipper for the bag top closure
- Two 1/2” (1 cm) swivel hooks
- One 1/2” (1 cm) slider
- Two 1/2” (1 cm) O-Rings
- OPTIONAL: If you can’t find 1/2” (1 cm) hardware you can use 1” (2.5 cm) hardware
On checkout, leave a note that you would like to receive the link for my YouTube channel for the accompanying video tutorial series that will walk you through the making of the Tessa Bag and you will be the first to know when classes start!
If you require assistance with or have questions about any Lányos Handmade Products, email me at any time and I will be happy to help you out!
Pattern Testers’ photos are shown with permission on Facebook at Lányos Handmade, along with others made. We would love to see your Tessa! Share your Tessa Bag on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/699382223813476/
THIS IS NOT A PHYSICAL PRODUCT. THIS IS A PDF SEWING PATTERN, one of my Sew-It-Yourself products. If you would prefer to buy a 100% Handmade Tessa Bag custom made for you or ready made, visit my separate listing for the custom or ready made product.
Always use an up-to-date browser, like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari. All Lányos Handmade Patterns are PDF digital downloads. Always download and print your patterns from an up-to-date Adobe Reader, a free downloadable program. After purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the pattern to your computer. This link will allow you two tries, so please save your PDF patterns into a file folder on your computer where you will always find them, perhaps one called “Lányos Handmade Patterns”! You can also create an Account and see all your downloads!
If you do wish to purchase a PAPER copy of this PDF digital download, you can choose the PRINTED PATTERN PRODUCT when checking out and a paper copy of the Tessa Bag sewing pattern will be mailed to you.
Due to the nature of all PDF digital downloads, returns and refunds are not available.
Copyright © Lányos Handmade 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Thank you for honouring the copyright. Feel free to sell the Tessa Bags you make, as long as you are a home sewist. Please give credit to LanyosHandmade.com on all your online listings so other sewists can find the pattern too! You may not claim this pattern as yours, nor distribute or sell it. Do not use this pattern for large production. It is for personal use or limited production only.