Oh the weather was so lovely today! I just couldn’t sit down to post! 🙂 But the sun is fading now so let’s talk…
When I cleaned up (and out) my closet, I realized that I had some gaps in my wardrobe – last weekend I finished my black top and this weekend my red. I still think I could use a solid blue one, but I am not sure that I have a solid blue fabric in my stash. I did have the solid black and solid red that I used! Lucky! Stash busting!
I used McCall’s M7093, view A. I can’t wait to use this pattern for a colour blocked top some day!
I didn’t have any problems with this pattern, except … I didn’t like the length of the sleeves under the arms. There just seemed to be too much fabric – as you can see on the left sleeve below. To fix it, I cut the sleeve down to a minimum length – as you can see on the right sleeve below.
My other change was in the hemming of the sleeves and bottom edge and the neckline. I chose to use a double fold bias tape. I sewed it on by machine on the outside and hand sewed it on the inside. It made a nice finish on my top. Finally, I cut the hem straight across the back, omitting the short front/long back look.
We had some beautiful sunny weather today. I thought I would set up my tripod on the deck to take my photos and this was the first shot I got of myself…. Yup! It took a bit to get used to the set up!
It turned out to be a bit too windy anyway, so I moved everything inside. Ten tripod shots later I get one photo I like!
I can’t wait to wear this top to work tomorrow with my favourite RTW skirt. About 20 years ago (seriously), I bought a RTW skirt made of this beautiful black and white flowered rayon fabric. I found the skirt in the back of my closet needing a few alterations – my body has changed over the years. Tomorrow, I will take a photo of my new top and my favourite skirt for my #mmmay15 collection.
As usual, the rest of the my days were spent in my Capri Jeans.