I love December … holidays, family, giving … DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER!
Have you chosen which Designer Original you would like to copy? Or perhaps, like me, you are already working on your COPY of your Designer Original?
There is so much inspiration out there to feed our DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER ideas … dream garments in the stores, in magazines, on social media … the Fashion Runway… so many beautiful garments! I say, “Why buy when you can make it yourself – better and for less money?”
I plan on making a COPY of these Designer Original garments …
… using these patterns, McCall’s M6896 view E and New Look 6433 view A. I’ll have to make a few alterations to the patterns to get the results I want.
You’ve been reading about my plans for my COPY of my Designer Original. Leave a comment on any of my posts during DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER that you want to join in or have finished your COPY of your Designer Original and I’ll share your photos and story on my blog!
* NEWS FLASH *
Just to spice things up a little, this DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, after collecting all your makes, I’ll ask the readers to vote on their favourite and pick The DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER 2016 WINNER – along with winning the “Title”, there will be a small prize donated by Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!! Although, just by participating in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER you are already a WINNER because you have a Designer Original – better and for less money!
Give it some thought, there’s an abundance of inspiration out there, and join in on the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Challenge. I have collected some inspiration here and on my Pinterest board, DESIGNER FASHION!
“Why buy when you can make it yourself – better and for less money?” If you want a designer garment too, join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Challenge!
In DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER:
- On your blog post a photo of your Designer Original and YOUR COPY of your Designer Original, mentioning DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER in your post with a link back to here so other’s can join in.
- Grab a DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER button. The code on my side bar can be copied and pasted into a Text Widget on WordPress, or download the image and then upload it onto your blog.
- Leave a comment here on my blog and I’ll post your Designer Original and YOUR COPY for you on my blog in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, with a link back to you – whether you have made it already, are in the process of making it, or plan on making it… let me know!
- Don’t forget to share a comment or few with your other DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER cohorts. Everyone loves comments!
Other ways to participate:
- Send your email address to me at imadeit362436 (at) gmail (dot) com and I’ll send you an invite to join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Pinterest board so you can add your Designer Original and YOUR COPY to the board.
- Post your Designer Original and YOUR COPY on Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #DESIGNINDECEMBER.
- Don’t forget to “grab” a DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER button on your way out!