My sister suggested I use mistletoe as a prop in my next blog photo session. Sorry sis, I have no mistletoe, but I do have a Christmas tree and my finished DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Copy!
I decided in the beginning of the year that I wanted to copy this Designer Original top.
and this Designer Original skirt.
I would have to alter these patterns, McCall’s M6896 and New Look 6433, and I did so in these posts here, here and here. I added a bell shape to the sleeves of the top and did not put in the back zipper (unfortunately I am not sure if that was the best decision!) I also had to add the decorative zipper to the skirt.
I am quite pleased with my Designer Copy except for … well … the top. I made the top a bit bigger and not as form fitting as the pattern instructed so that I could pull it over my head and not need the zipper in the back to get it on. I think I might have sacrificed too much of the fit for that. I think I might make the necessary alterations to my top and put in the zipper instead. I always like to let these ideas sit for a while though, just to be sure.
The skirt, on the other hand, I really like. The Bamberg lining feels devine and gives the skirt a heavy feel and a lovely drape.
Elle Gee Makes has finished her Designer Copy too! She has copied a Missoni Boho Poncho. Head on over to her blog for the details – part of the process required a crochet hook and many episodes of Gilmore Girls!
You’ve been reading about quite a few Designer Copies this month. Leave a comment on any of my posts during DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER that you want to join in or have finished your COPY of your Designer Original OR hashtag it #DESIGNINDECEMBER on IG or Twitter and I’ll share your photos and story on my blog!
In January, after collecting all your makes, I’ll put them out to my readers for a vote on which is their favourite Designer Copy and they’ll pick the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER 2016 WINNER! Along with winning the “Title”, there will be a small prize donated by “Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!!” Although, just by participating in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER you are already a WINNER because you have a Designer Original – better and for less money!
Give it some thought, there’s an abundance of inspiration out there, and join in on the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Challenge. Think it’s too late now? We will be back next year, so start your hunt for your Designer Original now!
“Why buy when you can make it yourself – better and for less money?”
If you want a designer garment too, join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Challenge! In DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER:
• On your blog post a photo of your Designer Original and YOUR COPY of your Designer Original, mentioning DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER in your post with a link back to here so other’s can join in.
• Grab a DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER button. The code on my side bar can be copied and pasted into a Text Widget on WordPress, or download the image and then upload it onto your blog.
• Leave a comment here on my blog and I’ll post your Designer Original and YOUR COPY for you on my blog in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, with a link back to you – whether you have made it already, are in the process of making it, or plan on making it… let me know!
• Don’t forget to share a comment or few with your other DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER cohorts. Everyone loves comments!
Other ways to participate:
• Send your email address to me at imadeit362436 (at) gmail (dot) com and I’ll send you an invite to join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Pinterest board so you can add your Designer Original and YOUR COPY to the board.
• Post your Designer Original and YOUR COPY on Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #DESIGNINDECEMBER.
• Don’t forget to “grab” a DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER button on your way out!