Yes, we do have more! On WordPress, IG, and Twitter, we have fadanista and her Copy of a Designer Original from the 60’s – a Mondrian dress. You can read about it here. Fadanista was so taken by the dress, she plans on making more!
On IG, we have @heheheplusshe, who makes a point of copying everything she sees!
Don’t be shy now. I know there are a few more out there. Let’s see what you have made for DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER!
Leave a comment on any of my posts during DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER that you want to join in or have finished your COPY of your Designer Original OR hashtag it #DESIGNINDECEMBER on IG or Twitter and I’ll share your photos and story on my blog!
In January, after collecting all your makes, I’ll put them out to my readers for a vote on which is their favourite and they’ll pick the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER 2016 WINNER! Along with winning the “Title”, there will be a small prize donated by “Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!!” Although, just by participating in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER you are already a WINNER because you have a Designer Original – better and for less money!
Give it some thought, there’s an abundance of inspiration out there, and join in on the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Challenge.
“Why buy when you can make it yourself – better and for less money?”
If you want a designer garment too, join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Challenge! In DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER:
- On your blog post a photo of your Designer Original and YOUR COPY of your Designer Original, mentioning DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER in your post with a link back to here so other’s can join in.
- Grab a DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER button. The code on my side bar can be copied and pasted into a Text Widget on WordPress, or download the image and then upload it onto your blog.
- Leave a comment here on my blog and I’ll post your Designer Original and YOUR COPY for you on my blog in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, with a link back to you – whether you have made it already, are in the process of making it, or plan on making it… let me know!
- Don’t forget to share a comment or few with your other DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER cohorts. Everyone loves comments!
Other ways to participate:
- Send your email address to me at imadeit362436 (at) gmail (dot) com and I’ll send you an invite to join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Pinterest board so you can add your Designer Original and YOUR COPY to the board.
- Post your Designer Original and YOUR COPY on Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #DESIGNINDECEMBER.
- Don’t forget to “grab” a DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER button on your way out!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!
20 thoughts on “More DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER creations!”
Great to see more appearing! Merry Xmas to you all too
Merry Christmas Linda to you and your family (and cats). All the very best in 2017!
Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!
You always have such cute Christmas posts. 😃🎄🎊🎉
Love seeing these posts popping up. Mines coming along, but slight change of plan, it’s going to be for my niece – she’s slimmer and I’ve run out of ties so it won’t fit me!! 😂😂
That’s fine! I’ll be watching for it! Lots of time left! Have a happy holiday season!
Merry Christmas to you too! Xx
Well done to both ladies!
Indeed! I’m very happy those participating are getting something out of the Challenge! 😃👍
This is amazing. I am struggling to finish as promised! Is there a deadline. I guess I should get it out there before the month ends. Look out. I will! Enjoying the ones so far! 😊
Well I will be watching for you! By the end of the month. I will post a “please vote” the first post in January 2017.
Well, keep your fingers crossed, I have fabric and original…need pattern and a little free time. ‘Tis doubtful at this point, but anything’s possible.
Well, I will keep watch. Just think though, if you can’t get it finished – at least you have a Designer Original! 😃👍
Yes! I’ll look at it that way…and you’ll see the finished garment either way. 😉
Good! Maybe I’ll share the late comers too! 😃👍
I’m a bit sad not to be taking part but I’m enjoying seeing what everyone else is doing. Amazing standards being set!
There is always next year! Sew up a Designer Copy during the year, let me know and I will save it for the “sharing posts” and the voting in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER 2017! 🎊💃🎉
Oh, that’s very generous. I will remember this and send something through the year 😃 .
December is an easy time for some to sew and for me to sew and post, but not for everyone – so if you make a Designer COPY anytime during the year, let me know and I will include you as a DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Challenger in my December posts! 🎊💃🎉
Comments are closed.