Well! We are all packed, ready to go on holidays! Amber, my Singer 421G, finished my swimsuit cover up a few days ago and I’ve packed her up for a little R&R!
I just had to show you the cool stitch that Amber can create, one of many I have yet to discover!
This fabric is a lovely “Dahlia Jacquard”. 51% polyester 46% cotton and 3% spandex. It feels soft and comfortable. I didn’t want the seams to be messy and unfinished on the inside, so I decided to finish them off by folding them to one side and sewing them down with a decorative stitch. I was happy with the results.
This time I changed the construction order of McCalls M7200 to make it easier to sew the decorative stitch at the seams.
Contrary to the pattern instructions, I sewed the sleeves on first, sewing the seam down with the decorative stitch next and then sewed the side seams up through the sleeve. (Sophie enjoying my fabric!)
Time to go now. It’s going to be a busy day tomorrow. My sister and I are headed off on holidays. We are going to try out our swimsuits and new cover ups at the beach.
Keep an eye out for Instagram photos of our holidays at @nicedressthanksimadeit.
And don’t forget to keep sewing and blogging so I’ll have something to read on the beach!