Isn’t it amazing how many entries there have been!!! I’m going to show you a few more!
Saba Lodhi from our Designin’ December Facebook Group has her Designer Original by Jason Wu.
and her Designer Copy!
@thesewinggoatherd or her blog The Sewing Goatherd and the Designer Original that inspired her to make her Mother’s Mother of the Groom dress.
and her Designer Copy!
@saminakaty with her Oscar de la Renta spring/summer 2019 Designer Original.
and her Designer Copy!
@conlon.jan and her Carolina Herrera Designer Original.
and her Designer Copy.
Last, I think, we have @rxforstyle with her Designer Original.
and her Designer Copy!
Although I never put myself in the competition for a prize, I do love the challenge of making a Designer Copy!
This Designin’ December, I was inspired by two Designers. I finally chose Holly Fulton Spring/Summer 2015 Ready to Wear to be my Designer Original inspiration. Here is my Designer Original photo …
I had a couple of patterns and fabrics in my stash that I could use to make my Designer Copy and in the end I chose this pattern and these fabrics. DNKY Vogue V1349 and this Bamboo Terry (66.5% Rayon Bamboo 28.5% Cotton 5% Spandex) blush solid paired with this Double Brushed (96% polyester 4% Spandex) green paisley print. These fabrics are so soft and full of body!
Also, I did use the “Lily Serna’s equation for the perfect dress, skirt or short hemline” which I blogged about here. What do you think? Take a look at my Designer Copy, is my dress at the right hem line length for me? Did the equation work? Does Lily Serna know what she is talking about?
Perhaps you would like to see how I adjusted (fooled around with) the pattern to get the colour blocking that would more resemble the Designer Original?
This is the back and the front sewn according to the pattern and instructions …
I did make the pattern originally according to the pattern and instructions, then I picked the shoulder pieces out and re-cut them longer in the front and in the shape of the top of the “blush” pattern pieces. Then I flipped them back and forth and back and forth and rearranged them until I was happy with the result. Then I trimmed my new shoulder pieces to the proper length and sewed them in again.
I think we have hit our deadline! Thank you and Happy New Year to all of you strolling the Designin’ December Runway and to those of you in the audience too! Also a big Thank you and a Happy New Year to the supporters of Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!! and Lányos Handmade. Next post, I’ll be back with the procedure for voting for your favourite Designer Copy … on this blog and on Instagram!
I want to give a special Thank you! to all our Prize Sponsors! Without you, things just wouldn’t be the same!
You can click on the links hidden in their names and give them some love for their generosity!
- one $25 CAN gift certificate.
Emmaline Bags –
- one free PDF sewing pattern of the winner’s choice,
- one $15 CAN gift card, and
- a second $15 CAN gift card.
That’s THREE PRIZES from their shop, Emmaline Bags!
Helen’s Closet – one free PDF sewing pattern of the winner’s choice from their shop, Helen’s Closet!
Itch to Stitch – one free PDF sewing pattern of the winner’s choice from their shop, Itch to Stitch!
JCV Art Studio – one free copy of the book, “The Unravelling”, with a small pack of matching art cards, from JCV Art Studio (Instagram)!
Lányos Handmade – one free PDF sewing pattern of the winner’s choice, with no expiry date, from the shop, Lányos Handmade!
Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick Patterns – one free PDF sewing pattern of the winner’s choice from their shop, SBCC Patterns!
Sense & Sensibiliity –
- one free ePattern of the winner’s choice,
- another free ePattern of the winner’s choice.
That’s TWO PRIZES from their shop, Sense & Sensibility!
Style Arc – One $50 USD gift voucher for their shop, Style Arc!
Vintage Pattern Lending Library (Etsy) – One $25 USD gift certificate for their shop, Vintage Pattern Lending Library!
WHAT IS THE DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER CHALLENGE?
We have all seen something we LOVE, either in the stores, online or on the runways, but don’t actually want to buy for some reason. So I propose that we sew that garment that we see/want. Now if you are lucky and you already have an exact pattern – either an indie pattern, your own self-drafted pattern, or a “Big 4” pattern, that you can use – then go for it! If you have to alter a pattern that you already have, or draft your own pattern, you can do that too. Whatever works for you. Let’s make what we see and want! (Remember Vintage Designer fashion is allowed too!) Good luck in your search! 😁👍
Show us your Designer Original photo and how you put together your Designer me-made COPY.
“Why buy when you can make it yourself – better and for less money?”
Looking for more ideas? Check out my “DESIGNER FASHION” Pinterest board here, OR on Facebook, join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Group (closed group). Where will you find your inspiration?
How to participate in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER:
- On your blog post a photo of your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY, mentioning DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER in your post with a link back to here, so other’s can join in.
- OR on IG post a photo of your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY, tagging it #DESIGNINDECEMBER and follow/tag @nicedressthanksimadeit. Don’t forget to follow/tag our wonderful PRIZE SPONSORS!
- OR on Twitter post a photo of your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY, tagging it #DESIGNINDECEMBER and follow/tag @LindaMNicedress.
- OR send your email address to me at imadeit362436 (at) gmail (dot) com and I’ll send you an invite to join the “DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER” Pinterest board here so you can add your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY to the board.
- OR on Facebook, join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Group (closed group). You will be able to post your questions, comments, progress, and your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY. We post inspiration too!
- Don’t forget to leave a comment here on my blog and I’ll post your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY for you on my blog in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, with a link back to you – whether you have made it already, are in the process of making it, or plan on making it… let me know!
- Don’t forget to share a comment or two with your other DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Challengers. Everyone loves comments!
How to be eligible for prizes in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER:
If you would like a chance to win FAB prizes from our generous sponsors, you’ll need to SHARE your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY with us like this:
- On my blog: Follow “Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!!” and leave a comment that you are joining in and I’ll post your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY for you on my blog in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, with a link back to you.
- Then on your blog: post a photo of your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY, mentioning DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER in your post with a link back to here so other’s can join in.
- There’s another chance to win on Instagram: share a photo of your Designer Original and your Designer me-made COPY tagging them #DESIGNINDECEMBER and follow/tag @nicedressthanksimadeit. Don’t forget to follow/tag our wonderful PRIZE SPONSORS!
- After DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, there will be a vote amongst the blog and Instagram entries. Two possible chances to win, one prize per winner.
Only entries using the above two methods (blog and/or Instagram) will be entered into the competition. Closing date for entries is 31st December 2019 Midnight PST.
7 thoughts on “More Designin’ December, including my own!”
Wonderful work everyone! Yet again, I’ve followed everyone’s post through the year, and been in awe of the garments produced…and done nothing myself. I have started to think it’s because I never actually look at RTW or deigner collections any more, so the inspiration is unlikely to hit. I will stay watching from the sidelines, cheering you all on!
They did do a wonderful job, didn’t they! We need an audience too. The voting post will be up soon. So don’t go away! Thank you!
What fantastic makes! I love everyone’s individual take on their designer garments, so inspiring!
It looks like their ideas worked out just fine! Thank you for watching the “show”! The voting post will come very soon!
More fab makes! So inspiring. And of course yours is splendid Linda!
I really enjoyed participating. Thanks forbeing a great host. 😊
Thank you for your kind words Diane and thank you for participating! We will have voting here soon!
I’m in awe at how wonderful these garments are. Kudos to everyone. (Lovely tree Linda!) 🙂
Comments are closed.