It’s going very well for @sewordinary of Instagram. I think her Designer Copy is a perfectly lovely, classic style!
How’s my Designin’ December going, you ask?
It’s all over the place! LOL!
Perhaps you remember from my last blog post here, I switched from this beautiful Oscar de la Renta skirt to a classic pair of Balenciaga trousers. I just couldn’t find a fabric that would do the Designer’s skirt justice! I could find a lovely blue that would be great for matching trousers for my Designer top!
Well … guess what? Now it turns out that I have the pattern envelope (Vogue V2948) and my own tracings of the pattern pieces, BUT NO PATTERN PIECES, NOR INSTRUCTIONS. Bah!!
No big deal not having pattern instructions, I have made trousers many times before, but apparently the tracings I have are from before the alterations were ever made to my muslin.
As you can see from my basted together trouser pieces (the blue underneath) and the already finished pair I have had for a few years now (the brown pair on top), I have A LOT of fitting to do!
How’s my Designer Copy of the top coming along? I was quite surprised to find the pattern pieces already cut out to a size 14 (McCalls M7324 pattern).
Even though I don’t have any recollection of making this pattern before, nor do I have a top like this in my closet.
This Designin’ December is getting weirder and weirder!
I finished off the front band opening of the top, and was very pleased with that, and basted the shoulders together and stopped to take a good look at my Designer Copy …
The red tee shirt fits me. The Designer Copy top is from the looks of things at least 4″ too big on the front piece and 4″ too big on the back piece. I’m going to baste the sides together and see if that is proper “ease” or will I be swimming in fabric!
No matter!!! Onward and Upward! You can do this, Linda! 😉
PS … do you think this little bit of the pattern piece that I accidentally cut off was important? 😉
So how IS your Designin’ December going?
Before you leave, let’s say “Hi” to our PRIZE SPONSORS!
Emmaline Bags – one $15 CAN gift card for their shop
Helen’s Closet – one free PDF sewing pattern from their shop
Itch to Stitch – one free PDF sewing pattern from their shop. (Did you know that she is just releasing a book of some of her patterns????? Very exciting!)
JCV Art Studio – one “Creative Inspiration” package
Lányos Handmade – one free PDF sewing pattern from their shop
Vintage Pattern Lending Library (Etsy) – one $25 US gift certificate for their shop
Folkwear Sewing Patterns – one free PDF sewing pattern from their shop
Sewing Patterns by Masin – the “Dayo Dress and Blouse” PDF sewing pattern
Waffle Patterns – one 20 EUR coupon code for their shop
Greenstyle Creations – one $25 US sewing pattern credit for their shop
MM Cork Supply – one small curated Cork pack from their shop
Sew Chic Patterns – one $20 US gift certificate for their shop
Seen and Sewn Patterns – two free PDF sewing patterns from their shop (for one person)
Andrie Designs – one free PDF sewing pattern and the accompanying comprehensive video class for that pattern
Scroop Patterns – one free PDF sewing pattern from their shop – (prize to be confirmed yet at time of publishing)
“Why buy when you can make it yourself – better and for less money?”
Start looking for your “Designer Original” Photo! Check out my “DESIGNER FASHION” Pinterest board here, OR on Facebook, join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Group. What will inspire you? Remember Designer Vintage fashion is allowed, as is Designer Casual! Good luck in your search! 😁
How to participate in the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER Sewing Challenge:
- BLOG PARTICIPATION: Post a photo of your “Designer Original” and your “Designer COPY”, mentioning DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER in your post with a link back to here and follow the blog “Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!!”
- INSTAGRAM PARTICIPATION: Post a photo of your “Designer Original” and your “Designer COPY”, tagging it #DESIGNINDECEMBER and follow/tag @nicedressthanksimadeit.
- TWITTER PARTICIPATION: Post a photo of your “Designer Original” and your “Designer COPY”, tagging it #DESIGNINDECEMBER and follow/tag @LindaMNicedress.
- EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN the “DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER” Pinterest board here.
- WANT TO JOIN the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER FACEBOOK GROUP? Get ideas! Post and discuss your progress, let’s see your “Designer Original” ideas and your “Designer COPY” progress.
- DON’T FORGET to leave a comment here on my blog and I’ll post your “Designer Original” and your “Designer COPY” for you on my blog in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, with a link back to you. Whether you have made it already, are in the process of making it, or plan on making it … let me know!
How to be eligible for prizes in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER:
If you would like a chance to win FAB prizes (let me say again how grateful I am for the extremely generous sponsors), you’ll need to SHARE your “Designer Original” and your “Designer COPY” with us like this:
- On blogs: Follow “Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!!” and leave a comment that you are joining in and I’ll post your “Designer Original” and your “Designer COPY” for you on my blog in DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER, with a link back to you. On your blog, post a photo of your “Designer Original” and your “Designer COPY”, mentioning DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER in your post with a link back to here OR
- On Instagram: Follow @nicedressthanksimadeit and post a photo of your “Designer Original” and your “Designer COPY”, mentioning #DESIGNINDECEMBER and tagging @nicedressthanksimadeit OR
- On Facebook: Join the DESIGNIN’ DECEMBER FACEBOOK GROUP post your “Designer Original” and your “Designer COPY”
- Remember: Tag #DESIGNINDECEMBER and follow the blog “Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!!” OR follow me on Instagram @nicedressthanksimadeit.
Only entries using these above methods will be entered into the Sewing Challenge and be voted on and eligible for prizes. Closing date for entries is 31st December 2020 Midnight PST.
6 thoughts on “Well! How’s your Designin’ December 2020 going?”
Oh that pattern piece made me laugh! You are making good progress – I currently have two pillowcases and some red dye that will be my entry!!
I’m here to entertain! 😉 don’t worry… I am positive that there is a fashion designer out there somewhere who has covered his models with pillow cases and red dye! 😂 It’s 2020, we might as well be chill about life’s little bumps, right! ❤️
Cute little piece. Fun story, went with my mom to a “New and Used” store and found the cutest pattern. Of course, it had been used before but that really makes no difference with a pattern as I have reused many. Purchased the pattern for $1.00, got it home and found that the entire front middle piece was missing. My point, I know you will figure out where that piece came from and if not this is a just a little hick-up for you. You go girl.
That is a cute story! I’m sure I will figure it out, as I am sure you did too! 😊 thank you!
You are having an adventure with this year’s project, but I know you will prevail!
It will be fine! 😂😂😂 Fingers crossed 🤞😂
Comments are closed.