McCall’s M7093 – Don’t need buttons for this one …

… and I found the perfect buttons for my last project.  But before I show them to you, let me show you what I made with the remnants of my paisley Topaz knit.  I had some of this lovely fabric – 85% polyester, 10% rayon, 5% spandex – left over, just enough.  I think I have made a few of these McCall’s M7093 tops before – one of the other ones I made is here. 

Nice dress!  Thanks, I made it!! Continue reading

So I like it …

and it takes A LOT for me to like the style, colour and fit of a swimsuit.  With a few changes, this one was good right out of the envelope.  It’s a one piece, which I wanted, and it has flattering gathers at the front to hide all evils.  I removed the gathers at the back though – I’ll explain that later.  The colour … well it’s a wild purple print!  Purple is “my colour” as I have discussed before. The sizing was a bit big, I used shorter than recommended strips of elastic, and I sewed the side seams in with a 1 inch seam allowance, and not a 5/8 inch seam allowance.

So let’s get into some detail about this pattern …

ss 20 Continue reading