Sometimes I get distracted …

I am almost finished my #sewtogetherforsummer Wrap dress, which you might have read about last week.  Due to some careful pattern/stripe matching I am happy with how things are turning out.

Nice dress!  Thanks, I made it!!

This Sewaholic pattern, the Yaletown, has been a joy to work with.  This is my second Yaltetown, my first one was made with a woven fabric, not a knit.   So second time around, sewing it up has gone pretty smoothly.  The only changes I made to this pattern, just like the first time it was made, was to make the bodice slightly larger as I love the loose, comfortable feel of it.  I also lengthened the bodice just an inch.

I’m not sure how it happened but I did manage to have a closely matching thread in my stash!

Nice dress!  Thanks, I made it!! Continue reading

So I like it …

and it takes A LOT for me to like the style, colour and fit of a swimsuit.  With a few changes, this one was good right out of the envelope.  It’s a one piece, which I wanted, and it has flattering gathers at the front to hide all evils.  I removed the gathers at the back though – I’ll explain that later.  The colour … well it’s a wild purple print!  Purple is “my colour” as I have discussed before. The sizing was a bit big, I used shorter than recommended strips of elastic, and I sewed the side seams in with a 1 inch seam allowance, and not a 5/8 inch seam allowance.

So let’s get into some detail about this pattern …

ss 20 Continue reading