A PDF SEWING PATTERN for the Sage@ Satchel. Your Sage will have a finished size of approximately 12 1/2″ wide x 3″ deep x 9″ tall (32 cm x 7.5 cm x 23 cm). The Sage is a fully lined Satchel with TWO large compartments, ONE large divider zippered pocket in the middle, TWO zippered pockets with zipper plackets and TWO slip pockets. There is also a large pocket on the front and a Key Holder Strap inside. You have a choice of a two tone adjustable shoulder strap or a Short Handle, that can be sewn two ways. You can choose which features you wish on your Sage!
Make your Sage even more unique by choosing which parts of it will be made with your Accent materials. You can choose to accent the front flap and Decor Straps, the gusset, the front pocket, the divider zipper pocket, the slip pockets, the two tone adjustable shoulder strap or the Short Handle – the possibilities are endless!
I sewed my Sage Satchel on my Janome MC8200QCP SE, a domestic sewing machine, not an industrial. I try to make products that don’t need an industrial machine. The thickest layers sewn for the Sage Satchel are 10 cotton layers. Test your machine with scraps to see if it can sew that thick of a layer.
This is an Adventurous Beginner/Intermediate pattern. A skill builder, as you can sew it up with simple, unembellished features or load all the features on! Pattern Instructions include both metric and imperial units. There are 50 pages of detailed instructions with over a 130 large colour photos to help you construct your Sage. All pattern pieces, except the strap/handle, are included too!
Included in the pattern:
– all Pattern Pieces, including all the rectangle pieces, all formatted for printing on either US Letter or A4 paper, with A0 copy shop and Projector files.
– Fabric Cutting Table
– Pattern Piece Labels
– Gallery Photos with each pattern piece indicated
– FOUR Full YouTube tutorials: one by That’s Sew Nova sewn on her industrial machine and two by MGrahamSews and Sew Country, both sewn on their heavy duty domestic machines. There is also a fourth tutorial at Lányos Handmade, that Sage Satchel was sewn on a domestic machine, a Janome MC8200QCP SE.
- For (optional) Zipper Pockets: Two 9” (23 cm) closed end zippers OR TWO lengths of recommended #3 zipper tape with TWO zipper pulls. The length of the zipper teeth needed will be 7 1/2” (19 cm) each.
- For (optional) Divider Zipper Pocket: One 12” (30 cm) closed end zipper OR ONE length of recommended #5 zipper tape with ONE zipper pull. The length of the zipper teeth needed will be 9” (23 cm).
- Two sets of 3/4” (19 mm) magnetic snaps OR ONE set of 3/4” (19 mm) magnetic snaps and ONE Bag Clasp
- Two 1” (2.5 cm) D-rings OR TWO Strap/Handle Anchors
- For (optional) Adjustable Two Tone Shoulder Strap: Two 1” (2.5 cm) Swivel Hooks and One 1” (2.5 cm) Slider
- For (optional) Short Handle: Two 1” (2.5 cm) Swivel Hooks
- For (optional) Key Holder Strap: One 1” (2.5 cm) Swivel Hook
- For (optional) Decor Straps: Two 1” (2.5 cm) Rectangle or D-rings OR TWO 1” (2.5 cm) Strap Ends
- Optional: Six to twelve Rivets or Chicago screws and tools for installation;
- Optional: Petersham ribbon or Twill tape, less than 1” (2.5 cm) width and at least 14” (36 cm) length
- Matching thread, Topstitching thread
- Outer fabric (faux leather/vinyl, cork, waterproof canvas or fabric, such as decor fabric): 1/2 yard (.5 metre) or for example: 54” x 18” of cork
- Accent fabric (such as quilting cotton): 1 yard (1 metre)
- Lining fabric (such as quilting cotton, lightweight canvas, drapery lining, etc.): 1 yard (1 metre)
- Light weight fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 Shapeflex or Pellon Decovil Light or EB Fuse Light): 2 yards (2 metres)
- Foam (Pellon Flex Foam FF77 or By Annie Soft & Stable): 1/2 yard (.5 metres)
The Pattern is in English, and the price is in Canadian funds
Pattern Testers’ photos are shown with permission on Facebook at Lányos Handmade, along with others made. We would love to see your Sage! Share your Sage on Facebook in the Lányos Handmade Pattern Party Group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/699382223813476/
#communityovercompetition Some of my Pattern Testers have business sites of their own, which I would like to share here. If I missed any businesses, please let me know! 🙂
THIS IS NOT A PHYSICAL PRODUCT. THIS IS A PDF SEWING PATTERN, one of my Sew-It-Yourself products. If you would prefer to buy a 100% Handmade Sage Satchel custom made for you, please contact me!
Always use an up-to-date browser, like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari. All Lányos Handmade Patterns are digital downloads. Always download and print your patterns from an up-to-date Adobe Reader, a free downloadable program. After purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the Pattern Instructions and Pieces, etc. on to your computer. Please save your PDF patterns into a file folder on your computer where you will always find them, perhaps one called “Lányos Handmade Patterns”! You can also create an Account and see all your downloads!
If you require further assistance with any of the file formats provided by Lányos Handmade, please read this information, “Working with PDF and SVG files“. Due to the nature of all digital downloads, returns and refunds are not available.
Copyright © 2022 Lányos Handmade by Linda Maki. All Rights Reserved. Thank you for honouring the copyright. Feel free to sell any products you make from Lányos Handmade patterns, as long as you are a home sewist, in your Shop or Market Stall. It would be kind to give credit to LanyosHandmade.com on all your online listings, so others can find the pattern too. The scanning, uploading, duplicating, amending, or distribution of Lányos Handmade photographs, content, creations or files without permission is a theft of intellectual property. If you would like permission to use Lányos Handmade photographs, content, creations or files in any way, please contact me at email@example.com.