Well … actually my sister’s dress – part of my “Sister’s Sewing Project”. It’s a border print and I’ve fallen in love with it. Border print fabric is not easy to find!
My sister wanted this dress – she took this photo from the TV! It was her inspiration.
And she found a lovely border print fabric for it – 100% cotton.
I pulled this pattern from my stash – Butterick B6089. (It’s difficult to see in this photo because of the camera flash on the plastic cover – sorry!)
Last weekend started out as a busy weekend and turned into a challenging week, but let me show you what I did!
I am still working on my sister’s dress – part of my “Sister’s Sewing Project”. She would like this dress, in this 100% cotton border print and I am using this pattern, Butterick B6089 (sorry for the flash glare).
It started off bad. I wanted a dress like my mom and aunt. I wanted it out of this fabric (100% Rayon, which I love) and I thought I could alter this pattern to what I wanted. That’s when my problems started. If you missed it, you can read about it here.
So forget about the dress! I managed to salvage as much of the fabric as I could and I made a top instead. Continue reading
A while ago, I detailed how I organize my Pattern Stash, here. Over the years, I have probably collected, and received from others, over 200 patterns. I still use the same method I blogged about back then, but now I also have a photo of each of my patterns on my iPad. Always at my fingertips!
I put the envelopes in plastic pages into binders with all the dresses together, jackets, etc.
I put the instructions and pattern pieces into one plastic zip bag and store the bags numerically in banker boxes.
I find this way I can easily browse through all my pattern drawings and the information on the back. After I have made a decision on which pattern I want to use I move to my banker box and pull the pattern instructions and pieces out.
My fabric stash is long overdue for some sort of organizing. Continue reading