Well … actually my sister’s dress – part of my “Sister’s Sewing Project”. It’s a border print and I’ve fallen in love with it. Border print fabric is not easy to find!
My sister wanted this dress – she took this photo from the TV! It was her inspiration.
And she found a lovely border print fabric for it – 100% cotton.
I pulled this pattern from my stash – Butterick B6089. (It’s difficult to see in this photo because of the camera flash on the plastic cover – sorry!)
Last weekend started out as a busy weekend and turned into a challenging week, but let me show you what I did!
I am still working on my sister’s dress – part of my “Sister’s Sewing Project”. She would like this dress, in this 100% cotton border print and I am using this pattern, Butterick B6089 (sorry for the flash glare).
A good friend and co-worker asked me to make a dress for her daughter’s year-end “graduation” from grade 8. I have had experience working with her and her daughter before, making her a flower girl dress for a wedding. I knew that there would be lots of alterations ahead for this tall girl. But I enjoyed the opportunity last time and knew I would again!
Her daughter knew exactly what she wanted. She wanted a dress that was a mix of this….
And this pattern, McCall’s 6754….
The bodice would be as is, sort of, but the skirt had to have box pleats instead. The daughter choose a lovely orange polyester spandex knit called “Wella Wave”. I don’t know if it is easy to see or not but it has a “wave” embossed in the fabric. Just a beautiful choice. I traced the pattern bodice with alterations for bust size, length and I raised the front and back necklines (that at the mother’s request 😀).