Last post I mentioned that I had finished my “May Flower” dress, a theme provided way back in May by the #magamsewalong on Instagram. I had a wonderful floral 100% rayon fabric and one of my favourite patterns, McCall’s M6503. I wasn’t too pleased with the dress when finished though. I don’t know how I managed it but the whole dress seemed a bit too large and the bodice seemed to be a whole size too large! I don’t know what happened. Perhaps I traced out the wrong size bodice pieces or I cut out my fabric incorrectly?
I preferred to gather my bodice and skirt pieces, instead of using darts, but I don’t think that would have made that much difference. Continue reading
… even though there really wasn’t much sewing this last week. There was a lot of reading and exercising, but not much sewing. I did learn something though!
I participated in the “Makers for Fashion Revolution” daily themes organized by @inthefolds on Instagram. The daily themes made me think seriously about Fashion Revolution Week (April 23 – 29th). Some of the daily themes were easy to interpret and display on my Instagram @nicedressthanksimadeit, for example: “I made my clothes”. Other daily themes took a lot of thought, for example: “Natural Fibres”. As soon as I saw that one, I realized that, although I know the names of many fabrics, I do not know how most are made or which ones are really “sustainable”!
I researched and found a couple of interesting articles on “1 Million Women” and “The Guardian“. Continue reading