I bought this pattern, McCall’s M7390, a while ago and have waited all this time to find a striped fabric that would work. I did find a 100% linen with wide uneven stripes which I liked, but when the sales person measured it up, there was only 1.4 m left on the bolt. My pattern said I needed 1.6. Oh so what … I bought it anyway. I’ll just have to make the short sleeved version with no pockets. Hopefully I can make the short sleeved version, instead of the no sleeved version!
I was very pleased that the stripes on this fabric were properly placed along the grain. Sometimes they make a real mess of things – you follow the grain and your stripes are at an angle!
Perhaps you remember from last week that I asked for some help in choosing my fabric for the #sewtogetherforsummer Wrap Dress Challenge? Well I have my answer now, thank you Kind Readers! It was a pretty close race!
First choice, although it was close, was … the blue Chevron! (for lack or a better description)
Second choice by just 3 votes was … the orange Chevron!
So I have decided to sew both fabrics up … with few slight changes …
I’ve had this striped fabric in my stash since my visit to my sister a summer or two ago. It’s a heavier weight knit than what I usually have and I quite like it. The red stripe is quite bright too, which brings the grey, blue and black to life for me.
I had always planned to make this skirt, Vogue 1292, a “Today’s Fit” by Sandra Betzina, and I purchased this striped fabric for that sole purpose.
But you might already know from personal experience how easy it is to get led astray by fabrics and patterns. Continue reading
Last weekend started out as a busy weekend and turned into a challenging week, but let me show you what I did!
I am still working on my sister’s dress – part of my “Sister’s Sewing Project”. She would like this dress, in this 100% cotton border print and I am using this pattern, Butterick B6089 (sorry for the flash glare).