Perhaps, when you almost don’t have enough fabric to finish it!
I’ve been bustin’ through my stash and so far, have made a flowered vintage dress and a red Sewaholic Hollyburn. Next I thought I would make a black Sewaholic Hollyburn – you can see the link to the pattern company here: Sewaholic Hollyburn. I found some black in my fabric stash, a polyester, but not a stretchy knit. I’m not too sure exactly what it is. As I was cutting out my fabric, I realized that I didn’t really have enough black fabric for the two wide skirt pieces. My fabric remanent was too narrow.
So let’s give this a try… I made a 4 panel skirt into a 6 panel skirt. Continue reading